|Home Equity 101: What Your Clients Need to Know about Reverse Mortgages
No matter how much planning you’ve done to secure your financial wellbeing and/or prepare yourself for retirement, the reality is that market volatility will remain inevitable. And with the unprecedented COVID-19 crisis among us sending economic shockwaves across the country, more and more Americans are questioning what, if anything they should be doing to help fund their retirement when portfolios aren’t at their peak performance.
And if you’re age 62 or older, tapping into home equity could be a smart solution. By proactively taking out a reverse mortgage in early retirement years, you’ll have access to an additional funding source that doesn’t depend on the stock market.
In this webinar, we’ll cover:
• The core foundation of reverse mortgages, including consumer protections, costs, disbursement of funds and credit line growth
• Using reverse mortgage loan proceeds to pay off an existing mortgage, eliminate or reduce debts, or set aside future funds for property taxes and homeowners
• The impact of the current economic state, resulting in record-low interest rates and consequentially higher available loan proceeds
• How to leverage home equity to create a line of credit or cash flow that is not dependent on the stock market
• How to strategically leverage your home’s equity to postpone withdrawing invested funds
|4/4/2020||12:00pm CDT||1 hour||Register|
Attend a Webinar
Join our expert presenters for an informative look at home equity as part of a comprehensive retirement plan.
A New Look at Reverse Mortgages—An Emerging Retirement Income Tool
Learn how to incorporate a reverse mortgage into comprehensive, effective strategies for your clients. The strategic use of a reverse mortgage can deliver improved retirement cash flow and a higher chance of portfolio survival in an extended retirement.
Home Equity Planning “How To”: Identify Candidates and Introduce
Reverse Mortgages into Your Practice
Most advisors understand that homeowners age 62 and older should consider a reverse mortgage to improve cash-flow in retirement. In part 2 of our HECM Advisor series, we’ll show you how to take the next step and integrate the concept in your practice and add value for your clients.