Longbridge Platinum - Jumbo Reverse Mortgage
The affordable reverse mortgage now has a NEW line of credit option.1
Get more income tax-free cash2 than a HECM, and more flexibility than a HELOC.
I need more cash than I can get from a HECM reverse mortgage. Isn’t there another option?
To receive your FREE Information Kit:
"*" indicates required fields
By submitting your phone number you are providing your signature and express “written” consent to having Longbridge Financial LLC or our mortgage partners contact you about your inquiry at the phone number you have provided. You agree to be contacted via a live or automated prerecorded telephone call, text message, or email even if you have previously registered on a “do not call” government registry or requested Longbridge to not send marketing information to you. You understand that your telephone company may impose charges on you for these contacts, and you are not required to enter into this agreement as a condition of any Longbridge products or services. You understand that you can revoke this consent at any time by calling Longbridge Financial at 855-523-4326.
For information on how we collect and use personal information, please see our Privacy Notice.
If you own a high-value home or condo, Longbridge Platinum can help you unlock a substantial portion of your home equity. It’s a private jumbo reverse mortgage program (not insured by the Federal Housing Administration) that allows you to access more available funds as compared to a traditional Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM). It’s competitive with many forward mortgages and HELOC programs, with more flexibility—and no monthly mortgage payments required.3 It could help you live the retirement of your dreams.
Why Longbridge Platinum Line of Credit1 is the ideal HELOC substitute for seniors.
As compared to a HELOC, it features:
- Low upfront costs
- Comparable rate
- Easier income qualification
And here’s where the Platinum Line of Credit really gives you the gold:
- No required monthly mortgage payments3
- A reusable line of credit1
- All the borrower benefits and safeguards of a standard reverse mortgage program
|PLATINUM LINE OF CREDIT1 VS. HELOC: A CLOSER COMPARISON.|
|Platinum LOC||Standard HELOC|
|Ownership||Both types of loans allow you to own and keep the title of your home (must keep current with property taxes, insurance, and maintenance)|
|Payments||No monthly mortgage payments required3||Requires monthly mortgage payments|
|Interest deduction||You can deduct the interest, if optional payments are made||You can deduct the interest|
|Payoff and redraw||Access up to 75%4 of the Principal Limit during the first 10 years—with the ability to redraw repaid principal amounts||Can pay off and redraw during the first 10 years, but there may be a penalty|
|Rate adjustments||Every month||Every month|
|Payback deadline||None, as long as you meet the terms of the loan and remain in your home||Typically comes due after 10 years|
|Prepayment penalty||No penalty for early repayment||Prepayment penalties can be charged in some cases—ask your lender|
|Non-recourse loan protection||You and your heirs aren’t personally liable if the loan amount exceeds the home value when the home is sold and the loan is repaid.||No such protection|
|Counseling||Independent, Platinum-approved counseling helps you fully understand your options||No independent counseling provided|
|Qualifications||Must be a homeowner age 55+* and use the home as your primary residence||Must qualify based on credit score and income|
- Loan amounts up to $4 million5 in available cash and the widest range of eligible home values
- Attractive low-rate options
- No mortgage insurance premium = lower upfront costs
- No penalties for prepayment
- Non-recourse protection = no personal liability
- Greater flexibility and fewer restrictions
- Expanded eligibility for condos
- Streamlined approval process
- Choose the Fixed-Rate Program if you’re looking for a full-draw loan at a low, fixed rate
- Or opt for the Line of Credit Program1 if you want some upfront cash now—and a reusable line of credit for the future
As with any reverse mortgage, there are no required monthly mortgage payments. You must continue to pay real-estate taxes, homeowners insurance, and property maintenance as usual.
Use the power of Platinum to your advantage.
- Pay off an existing mortgage and other debt to eliminate monthly payments.
- Generate a lump sum of cash that’s income tax-free2 for home renovations or repairs, medical expenses, and more.
- Use the line of credit option1 to set up a financial “safety net” for the future.
- Refinance an existing reverse mortgage to get more available cash.
- Buy a house or condo that’s better sized or suited to your retirement needs.
Answers to the most common questions about Longbridge Platinum
It’s a proprietary, non-Federal Housing Administration (FHA) reverse mortgage program for homeowners age 55 and older* with a high-value home or condo. It lets you borrow against your home equity without having to make monthly mortgage payments. You must continue to pay property taxes, homeowners insurance, and for home maintenance.
Longbridge Platinum has borrower protections similar to standard reverse mortgages. No matter what happens in the economy, how much money you receive, or how long you live in your home, you won’t be required to make a mortgage payment, as long as you keep current with property taxes, insurance, and maintenance. Plus, Platinum is a non-recourse loan—the lender cannot hold you or your heirs personally liable, even if the loan amount exceeds the home’s value when the loan is repaid.
Yes. You retain the same ownership and title that you have today, as long as you meet your loan obligations, which includes keeping current with taxes, insurance, and maintenance. Just like a traditional “forward” mortgage, the lender simply puts a lien on the property—which is paid off when you sell your home, or when the last borrower no longer lives in it. Your heirs inherit the house, just as they would with any other mortgage, and can decide how to repay the loan.
The loan comes due when you 1) sell the property; 2) no longer live in the home as your primary residence; or 3) if you fail to meet one of the requirements of the loan—such as paying property taxes, homeowners insurance, and for home maintenance.
Since you retain the title to your home, you also retain your obligations as a homeowner—such as paying your property taxes and insurance, and any other assessments that may be applied to your property (e.g., homeowners association fees).
Yes. After the balance of your Longbridge Platinum reverse mortgage is paid off, any remaining equity goes to your heirs. That amount will depend on a number of variables, such as loan balance, how long you stay in your home, how much your home appreciates in value, and other factors.
Here’s what people like you are saying about us.
- Borrowers who elect a fixed rate loan will receive a single disbursement lump sum payment. Other payment options are available only for adjustable rate mortgages.
- Consult a financial advisor and appropriate government agencies for any effect on taxes or government benefits.
- As with any mortgage, you must meet your loan obligations by keeping current with property taxes, insurance, and maintenance.
- Except for the first 25% taken at closing.
- The state of MA has a maximum loan amount/lending limit of $2,000,000.